Streatham too strong for Mos in London

The Invicta Dynamos fell to a 5-1 defeat in their third game in just four days as Streatham proved too strong on home ice in the NIHL South Division 1 on Sunday.

Fresh from an overtime win at Cardiff Fire the night before the Invicta Dynamos made the much shorter trip to Streatham on Sunday looking to make it a 4 point weekend. Having finished the Cardiff game with only 12 skaters the Mos were able to ice 14 with Jake Stedman included on the roster.

Dynamos netminder Damien King was forced to make a few early saves from Adam Carr and Jacob Ranson with the hosts looking to score early. However, the Mos were presented with an early opportunity to strike themselves when Jacob Ranson was penalised for holding on 2:44 – but frustratingly for the visitors Streatham took the lead on the shorthand on 2:57 when Joe Allen fed Adam Carr who made no mistake in beating King for 1-0.

A couple of chances fell to Steve Osman but Colclough was equal to anything thrown to him during the opening frame. Streatham then doubled the lead to 2-0 on 10:10 – Adam Carr lifting the puck past King with Watt and Baird heavily involved in the build-up play. With the Mos hoping to end the period only two goals behind they shot themselves in the foot on 17:05 with Ryan Webb increasing the scoreline to 3-0.

The Dynamos played a lot better during the 2nd period and Mason Webster and Cesky both went close to opening the goal count for Invicta before Streatham broke and made it 4-0 on 25:17 – Adam Carr racing forward and finding Ryan Watt in space who fired beyond King.

Despite the setback the away side continued to press and finally got on the scoreboard on 26:40 – Ashley Jackson with the pass to Cesky who beat his marker before pulling Colclough wide and firing the puck into the empty net for 4-1.

Clever play by George Hoang prevented Ben Paynter from planting a shot at King and shortly afterwards the Mos had another powerplay after Joe Allen was called for interference – sadly for the Dynamos though it wasn’t their best and Streatham soon returned to full strength. Another spell with the man advantage was presented to the Mos on 37:34 when James Warman hauled down Brandon Webster but yet again the visitors couldn’t take advantage.

The third period got underway with the Dynamos defending their first penalty of the evening when Tommy Ralph received two minutes for cross-checking. Having successfully killed the powerplay the Mos then took the attack to Streatham and it wasn’t long until they had another powerplay in their favour with Joe Allen tripping Mason Webster however, yet again, it was a man advantage they couldn’t make the most of. The game was wrapped-up not long after when the Mos themselves were reduced to 4 skaters with Brandon Webster penalised for charging on 47:23 and Ryan Watt hitting the final goal of the game for 5-1 on 48:00.

Man of the match for the Dynamos went Jaroslav Cesky and netminder Matt Colclough picked-up the honours for the home side having faced 32 shots and producing a save percentage of 96.88%.

Written by Lee Allen.

Our Partners