Mos beaten by Bees in Bracknell

bracknell_030218Scott Bailey’s consolation goal was not enough to secure any points as the Invicta Dynamos fell 5-1 at the hands of the Bracknell Bees on the road in the NIHL South Division 1 on Saturday.

The Mos travelled to Bracknell without the services of Josh Condren and later George Hoang who withdrew from the warm-up but were able to recall forwards Ashley Jackson and Seb Downing.

Mason Webster was facing Frantisek Bakrlik for the first time since the import forward’s check to his head back in October, which resulted in a hospital visits for Webster and a 6 game suspension for Bakrlik, and they took little time in getting reacquainted. It took only the one second of the game for the pair to drop the gloves and it looked to be an even contest before the linesmen intervened way too early stopping the scrap before it had properly began.

The Bees then opened the scoring on 02:28 after Danny Ingoldsby beat Damien King on the third attempt at close range with the assist going to Ben Ealey-Newman. The Mos registered their first shot on goal a few moments later through Ross Connolly whose deflected effort was saved by netminder Alex Mettam. Ondrej Zosiak then went coast-to-coast but his backhanded shot was knocked wide by goalie. The Dynamos continued with the momentum and Jaroslav Cesky did well to find Luis Colvin from the left flank by Colvin’s first-time shot was hit agonisingly wide of the target.

The gloves were thrown on the ice once more on 11:18 – Brandon Webster and Will Stead trading blows before both linesmen showed them to the penalty box where they served 2+2 for fighting. Bakrlik almost doubled the Bees’ lead moments later but after rounding the net he shaved the Mos’ post. Another chance fell to Colvin on 12 minutes when he chased down a long pass but his shot from wide was easily saved by Mettam. A Dynamos powerplay on 13 minutes came as a result of a slash by Matt Foord but the away side failed to register a shot on the net. Damien King then had to be smart to deny Alex Barker and Bakrlik in quick succession before Steve Osman beat his man at the other end of the ice and made Mettam work to stop the puck from flying into the top left corner. The first period ended with Mos defending a Ross Connolly cross-checking penalty successfully.

The second period started with Ealey-Newman and James Galazzi both forcing King into action. On 23:00 Barklik threw a hit on Mason Webster off the puck with Webster pulling the Bees import back looking for revenge – both players hitting the ice and Webster getting 2 minutes for holding. Another King save denied Shaun Thompson before the game went 4 on 4 after Alex Barker got called for hooking.

An outstretched leg by King saved the Mos yet again – this time Jan Bendik the frustrated Bee. Steve Osman then had his second attempt of the game saved in the 27th minute. The Bees would double their lead on 29:34 through Galazzi after poor defending by the Mos left Damien King with no chance to save this time, Tom Avery assisting the goal.

King then had to deny Martin, Galazzi and Bakrlik as the Bees continued to dominate the period. A brief attack by the Mos through Tommy Ralph had the defenceman bringing a save out of Mettam but it was not much longer before the visitors fell further behind – Barker lashing the puck past Kings’ right-hand side for 3-0 on 33:38. The Dynamos could have replied straight away but Cesky overcooked his pass to Ashley Jackson on a 2-on-1 with the chance going begging.

The Bees were soon 4-0 up in the third period – Shaun Thompson rifling from the left circle and beyond King on 41:15, assists going to Martin and Avery. Ondrej Zosiak attempted a slapshot from the blue line moments later but only found the glove of Mettam as the Mos attempted to get on the scoreboard at least. Shortly afterwards Colvins’ tee-up had Ashley Jackson shooting wide of the net.
A big chance then came for the Mos – Mason Webster hauled down on a breakaway which gave him a penalty shot however the resulting penalty was fired too high and flew over the bar. The Mos were punished for the miss and went further behind on 48:35 when Martins’ deflected shot was diverted past King by Carl Thompson for 5-0.

Dynamos changed netminders after the fifth goal with John Dibble getting a bit of action between the pipes. Bees hopes for a shutout were dashed on 54:36 – Steve Osman finding Scott Bailey from wide with Bailey hitting the back of the net for 5-1. Mason Webster took a puck to the face moments after the goal which required treatment but the Mos hardman was soon back on the ice. Mos final chance fell to Ashley Jackson whose shot was parried by Mettam with the game ending 5-1 to the Bees.

Man of the match awards went to Brandon Webster for the Mos and Alex Barker of Bracknell.

Written by Lee Allen.

Our Partners