Dynamos push Bees to overtime in Bracknell

result12_bracknell_221017The Invicta Dynamos claimed a point despite an unlucky defeat at the hands of the Bracknell Bees on the road on Sunday night having fallen to the former EPL side 7-6 in overtime after a spirited display.

The Mos had to make do without the influence of captain Arran Strawson leaving them with 15 skaters and 2 netminders –Damien King starting in the goal for the away side and Danny Milton in between the posts for the hosts.

It was the worst possible start for the Dynamos with Frantisek Bakrlik cutting in from the right and shooting beyond King for 1-0 on 02.14. Seconds later the gloves were dropped as Mason Webster took to battle with James Galazzi – Webster landing the most blows with Galazzi preferring to bearhug rather than trade blows. Once the officials finally broke-up the fight both skaters received 2+2 for roughing. The Mos then had a powerplay in the 6th minute after Danny Ingoldsby was adjudged to have slashed – but the visitors failed to trouble Milton.

The Dynamos had King to thank for keeping the deficit to one moments after the Bees were back to full strength – the netminder saving well after Bakrlik had spun Joshua Condren and shooting from a decent angle. The save was vital as, within seconds, the Mos were level at 1-1 on 08.16 – Tommy Ralph shooting from the blue line beyond Milton, assists going to Ashley Jackson and Adam Rehak. Callum Fowler was the subject of stick from bees fans all game and a 10-minute misconduct call in the 9th minute brought more cheers from the home supporters.

Chances then came and went for Seb Downing and Louis Colvin whilst King went on to deny Bakrlik yet again. With the period coming to a close the Mos edged 2-1 in front on 19.55 – Mason Webster claiming his first goal of the season from close range with Ashley Jackson and Ryan Morgan the men involved in the build-up.

The second period was all action. A delay of game penalty against Tommy Ralph on 22.59 gave the home side a powerplay which they took advantage of with George Norcliffe beating Damien King after Callum Best found him lurking by the back post for 2-2. In the build-up, a Ryan Morgan hook was spotted by the referee which was later called as a delayed penalty.

The powerplay advantage was switched a few minutes later, Joshua Martin tripping Josh Condren and the resulting penalty presenting the Dynamos with a further goal to make it 2-3 to the Kent side – Tommy Ralph and Ashley Jackson linking from the right to find Adam Rehak who roofed past Milton. Unfortunately, the lead lasted barely a few seconds – Norcliffe and Best linking again with Norcliffe claiming his second of the night on 29.14 for 3-3. A further powerplay advantage to the Mos came their way in the 31st minute but horror defending left Bakrlik one-on-one with King and the Bees forward found the net with ease for 4-3.

Roll-on a minute and the Mos drew level again – Justin Robinson registering his first goal for the club on 32.44 for a 4-4 score and assists going to Louis Colvin and Scott Bailey. Tempers flared on 33.25 – Scott Spearing hooking Rehak and then roughing with his opponent. With Rehak also reacting the officials sent both players to the penalty box and the Mos gained a 5 on 4 advantage. It didn’t take long for the visitors to make the extra man count – Tommy Ralph hitting his second goal of the night, assisted by Callum Fowler and Ashley Jackson – Jackson’s 4th assist of the evening leaving the Dynamos with a 5-4 lead on the buzzer.

The third period was just as busy as the previous one although Tommy Ralph sat out the first 10 minutes after being penalised for misconduct. The Bees drew level at 5-5 on 42.30 – Galazzi tipping Bendik’s cutback beyond King for the equaliser. Little than a minute later Adam Rehak appeared to get jumped by Scott Spearing with both players ending up on the ground trading blows – and once on their feet both servicing 2+2 for roughing. Ashley Jackson was then presented with a great chance to restore the Dynamos lead but Milton rescued the Bees whilst, at the other end, King saved well from Best with his skate. Invicta scored their best goal on 49.14 to gain a 6-5 lead – Scott Bailey sending Fowler on the break and when he found Colvin in space the Mos forward threw a deke at Milton and backhanded into the net.

With the Mos now trying to see out the game they were reduced to 4 skaters in the 51st minute, after Ryan Morgan was caught slashing, and made to pay for that penalty on 52.44 when Bakrlik scored again to make it 6-6. The game soon went into overtime but it would be the home team who scored the golden goal – Bakrlik yet again breaking the hearts of the Mos.

So a point gained for the Dynamos who will look to take many of the positives from the game into the next weekend against the London Raiders and Peterborough Phantoms. Man of the match went to Louis Colvin for Invicta.

Written by Lee Allen.

Our Partners