Ozollapa and Strawson doubles sink Streatham

eriksozollapa_banner_031015The Invicta Dynamos came from behind three times to win at the home of the Streatham Redskins on Saturday with braces from Eriks Ozollapa and Arran Strawson completing a 4-3 NIHL South Division 1 victory.

Invicta travelled into London for their first away game of the season without the services of injured duo Adam McNicoll and Andy Henderson and the unavailable Grant Baxter and Damien Welch. For Streatham Nicky Chinn, Michael Ranby and James Warman were missing.

With barely a minute on the clock, Ondrej Zosiak broke forward from his blue line and danced beyond Dominic Hopkins who slashed his opponent to for the first of many penalties during the night. Eriks Ozollapa then tested David Wride on five minutes – taking Nicky Lewis’ pass before skipping around Ryan Giles and firing a shot towards goal. However it was Streatham who took the lead shortly afterwards when Adam Wood found space on 07.57 and fired beyond Mark McGill who was left with no chance. The Mos drew level on 10.20 though – Bailey Wootton and Conor Redmond linking-up to find Arran Strawson who shot from the right with the puck flying into the net via a deflection from goalie David Wride. Streatham were penalised for too many men at 10.57 but that didn’t stop them scoring shorthanded at 12.10 as Joe Allen linked with Dominic Hopkins to give Streatham a first period 2-1 lead.

Import Eriks Ozollapa was certainly a marked man all game with Streatham trying to rough-up the forward but, early in the second, Ozollapa responded in the perfect way by shooting past Wride at 28.05 for the 2-2 score line. Sticks and gloves were then soon on the ice on 34.03 after Ryan Giles appeared to hit out at Ondrej Zosiak creating a massive cluster of skaters by the benches. The resulting penalties would see Invicta’s Elliot Dewey and Ondrej Zosiak getting 2+2 for roughing and Harrison Lillis 2+2+10 for roughing and misconduct. 2+2 roughing penalties were also handed to Streatham’s Ryan Giles, Chris Wiggins and Jack Tarczycki.

The third period would see yet more penalties handed to both sides with Streatham continuing to try to intimidate and bully the young Dynamos. A Bailey Wootton penalty was capitalised on by the hosts at 45.59 when Steven Fisher put Streatham ahead again and seemingly on their way to victory. However a roughing call on Jack Tarczycki gave Invicta hope on 53.52 and, with 55.04 on the clock, Ondrej Zosiak found Arran Strawson down the right side with seemingly nowhere to go but, after cutting inside, Strawson unleased a backhanded flick into the back of Wride’s goal to pull Dynamos level at 3-3. Streatham were clearly rocked and just seven seconds later Eriks Ozollapa claimed a loose puck and drilled home to put Invicta in front at 55.11 and leave the hosts chasing the game. Mark McGill then did well to save at the feet of Kamil Kinkor near the end as Invicta held firm to record a remarkable victory 4-3.

Arran Strawson and Joe Allen picked-up the man of the match awards with Invicta then turning their attentions to Sunday’s game at Chelmsford – their third in just four days.

Written by Lee Allen

Our Partners