Lascek’s hat-trick sees Mos beat Chieftains in Essex

12_chelmsford_231021A Stanislav Lascek hat-trick and another goal from Ashley Jackson saw the Invicta Dynamos come from 2-0 down to beat the Chelmsford Chieftains 4-3 in a feisty encounter in Essex on Saturday night.

In the opening frame neither team were able to find the net but it was the Dynamos who knocked on the door the most – Chelmsford shot stopper Michael Gray having to be in top form to deny all of 17 efforts on his goal whilst his opposite number Ben Clements faced just 6.

The start of the second period was then a separate story altogether. At 22.04 the Chieftains took the lead – Matt Turner converting unassisted to give the hosts the first of the night. Just five seconds later the gloves then came off as Bailey Chittock and Mason Webster traded blows in a heavyweight bout that ended with the pair each going to the box for five minutes.

The hosts then added a second goal at 25.55 – Julian Smith and Liam Chong combining before Darren Brown beat Ben Clements for the 2-0 lead. The Mos hit back quickly though – at 27.00 Richard Harris and Brandon Webster claimed assists as Stanislav Lascek fired beyond Michael Gray to halve the deficit and make it 2-1.

The game turned physical again at 30.47 – Tom Davis, Mason Webster and Harrison Lillis embroiled in an altercation with Cameron and Grant Bartlett with all receiving penalties in the aftermath. Davis, Webster and both Bartlett received fighting penalties whilst Lillis took a game misconduct for third man in. When the action restarted the visitors then levelled the tie – Ashley Jackson feeding Stanislav Lascek who tallied his second of the night to make it 2-2 at 31.28. Neither team could then add to their tallies in what remained of an action packed second frame.

In the final period the game swung from end to end with both teams looking for a way to claim the league and cup points. At 53.11 the visitors then nudged ahead – Ashely Jackson getting the better of Michael Gray after work from Tommy Ralph and Henry Aiken. A 3-2 lead quickly became 4-2 as Stanislav Lascek completed his hat-trick at 56.13 with the assist going to Brandon Webster.

Now requiring two goals the Chieftains surged forward and late on they claimed a glimmer of hope as Cameron Bartlett tallied after a pass from Liam Chong at 59.46 to make it 4-3. However the clock was against them and the Dynamos held on to record a second win over their Essex rivals in the space of a week.

Man of the match was Tommy Ralph of the visitors whilst shot stopper Ben Clements also had a strong game finishing with a save percentage of 92.86%.

Our Partners