Mos end 2019 with loss to Streatham

streatham_231219The Invicta Dynamos fell to a 5-0 defeat by rivals Streatham IHC in the NIHL South Division 1 on Sunday as goals from Ryan Watt, Scott Bailey, Brandon Miles, Adam Wood and Ben Paynter secured the points for the visiting Redhawks.

Dynamos were missing Gregor McAllan and Kieron Jones who were unavailable whilst a mixture of suspensions and injuries saw them also without Brandon Webster, Mark Williams, Juraj Huska and coach Anthony Leone.

First period began and Tomas Banovsky received a two-minute penalty for a late hit only 20 seconds into the game. Streatham made use of the powerplay as Watt scored the first goal for the south London team at 02:09.

Soon after Brandon Miles hit Arran Strawson in the face with his stick when the official’s backs are turned. At the same time Damien King covered a shot from Jake Stedman but Miles charged in and went to punch Stedman. Miles received 4 minutes’ worth of penalties for incident.

Dynamos tried to secure their first as Banovsky beat two defenceman and tried to get the puck between the pads of King who saved. Streatham managed to kill the penalty and scored their second goal of the night at 12:59 – Bailey managing to tuck the puck between Zach Grandy-Smith’s legs to make it 2-0.

Moments later Miles tried to get Harrison Lillis to drop the gloves after a whistle but the Dynamos defenceman ignored him and skated to the bench.

Goal three for Streatham then followed as Beesley beat the Dynamos defenceman down the right and passed across net where Miles was there to bury a shot at 18:09. As time wound down Bailey cross checked Banovsky high which resulting in a shove from the Dynamos forward. Bailey received two minutes for roughing. End of first and Streatham led 3-0.

Joe Stephenson did not return to the game after suffering a shoulder injury in the first period. Second period began and each team had chances but both netminders were on form. Lillis and Miles battled in the corner early on and Miles shoved Lillis resulting in a two-minute penalty.

Streatham secured their fourth goal at 33:45 – Banovsky looked to have cleared the puck but it fell to Wood who managed to send it off the cross bar and into the net.

Not long after the restart Ryan Giles sent Miles to the ice with a big hit and Miles chased the defenceman across the ice looking to initiate a scrap but Giles ignored him. End of the second period and the Dynamos trailed 4-0.

Start of the third period and Owen Dell attempted to score the first goal for the Dynamos but King padded the puck aside. Miles then instigated another shoving match in front of Grandy-Smith with Lillis. Watt received a two-minute interference penalty.

Rupert Quiney skated up the ice and attempted a backhand shot, but Grandy-Smith saved with ease. Streatham forward, Miles charged at Henry Aiken and received another penalty. Miles then proceeded to shout and bang on the glass at Lillis before sitting down in the box.

Goal five for Streatham came as Ingoldsby fed the puck to Paynter who managed to steer the puck around Grandy-Smith. End of the game and the Dynamos fell to a 5-0 defeat against their local rivals Streatham IHC. With various injuries and suspensions, the Dynamos had been left with a short bench.

Man of the match for Streatham was Damien King for his shut out performance. Dynamos man of the match was Tomas Banovsky.

Written by Hannah Lawrence.

Our Partners