Dibble asks for Dynamos release

dibble_banner2The Invicta Dynamos can confirm that netminder John Dibble has been released from the club ahead of this weekend’s game with the shot stopper looking to secure greater ice time elsewhere.

John Dibble returned to the Dynamos in the summer having previously appeared for the side between 2016 and 2018. He featured in 8 fixtures for the Mos in 2019/20 – facing 317 shots and securing a save rate of 87.38%. In recent weeks Zachary Grandy-Smith has taken his chance between the posts limiting Dibble’s game minutes and the shot stopper has now opted to call time on his Mos career given his significant commute from his home in the west of the country. Dibble departs the club having made a total of 44 appearances for the side.

Speaking on the departure of John Dibble, Player-Coach Anthony Leone said “John has asked for his release as he wants more game time. He had a lot of minutes at the start of the season but more recently I felt Zach deserved his chance and he has taken it. Zach’s performances have been good and each week he has earned his starting spot for the next game – resulting in him playing the last four fixtures. I’m disappointed to see Dibbs leave us but I can’t stand in the way of how he feels and we wish him well for the future”.

The departure of John Dibble leaves the Dynamos with two netminders in Zachary Grandy-Smith and Owen Rider and Player-Coach Leone has confirmed he will be keeping his eye out for a possible third. Leone said, “I will be looking to add another goalie in the future but only when the right person is available. Until then I think we have two good netminders on our roster to utilise and I’m confident they can do the job”.

The Invicta Dynamos are next in action on Sunday as they host the Solent Devils in Gillingham from 5.15pm.

Our Partners