When the new league structure was decided over the summer we took the decision that we wanted to compete at the highest level and that a step down would undo all the hard work that so many people, be it Kevin, the players or the many volunteers have put in to get the club to where it is today. We were under no illusion of the task ahead for us – an effective promotion brought challenges on our budget, our ability to attract players, as well as a change in expectations.
We knew we were not going to be challenging at the top of the table for honours or necessarily winning week in week out. We were presented with an opportunity, the opportunity to play at the highest level – an opportunity to help our players develop and test themselves, as well as to play our role in helping British Ice Hockey in the current situation that it finds itself in. Whatever our future may hold, we are where we are and we are trying to make the most of every opportunity that comes our way.
We are very grateful to our main sponsor Red Hot Despatch and also to Alliance Trade Services Ltd and ER Sports Therapy for their backing plus we owe a thank you to all of our partners for their commercial support and profile that they provide. Without our sponsors, we simply wouldn’t be here so their support is very much appreciated.
Thank you to all our supporters who not only turn up each week, but also travel up and down the country (well, the south part at least) to support us. We really value and appreciate your support, especially when it hasn’t turned out how we would have wanted. And lastly to our volunteers who put in so much hard work throughout the season to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Certainly it has been a challenge attracting and retaining supporters who have been more used to seeing recent success. We made the decision to freeze our ticket prices as we know that these are tough economic times for people, not just ourselves. However we recognise that the less immediate success has brought with it lower gate receipts, at a time when costs are going in the opposite direction.
It is with this in mind that we wanted to reach out to supporters to ask for some help as we continue to adapt to our new competition.
• Do you know anyone who would be a match day sponsor? For £200 the match sponsor will not only get 4 tickets to the game, but will get their name or company logo on the front of the programme, a ½ page programme advert PLUS rink announcements throughout the match.
• Do you know anyone who would want to be a game day puck sponsor? For £20 you will get the game day puck being presented to you by your favourite player, along with a photo. The puck will also be signed by your chosen player too – a perfect Christmas stocking filler.
• Do you know anyone who would like to advertise in our programmes? Our prices start from just £75 for the whole season.
• Do you know anyone who would like to advertise on the team website? Prices start from £150 for a web banner for 12 months.
• Do you know of a firm who would be interested in partnering with us? We have a range of corporate deals at attractive prices and we can tailor a package to fit an individual’s needs.
• Have you got friends or family who are in need of a fix for something to do on a Sunday night? Why not encourage them to check us out?
• Player kit equipment sponsorship is available with many items available at low prices.
• We’re looking to extend our merchandise range in the run up to Christmas and are currently exploring designs – If you’re thinking of a Christmas gift for a family member or friend, please consider us. Or buy a Dynamos gift voucher; available on the merchandise stall.
• The 50:50 draw really benefits the club, plus 50% of monies raised is returned to participants.
• Would you participate in a ‘Shirt off the player’s back’ draw where, should you be the winning ticket, you could have the opportunity to win a player’s shirt for just £2.
Any help that you can provide will be and is genuinely appreciated by all at the club. It’s tough, but we’re here, and we want to do the best that we can to make sure we stay here.
Thank you for all your continued support.